Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Pilgrim's Progress

I have been reading The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. I’m about a quarter into it and it’s a great book. However, it’s in an Old English style of print. I really have to be in the zone or else it’s hard for me to read. If you would prefer not to tackle the old English, there I found a couple of updated versions available: The Pilgrim's Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classics) by L. Edward Hazelbaker and “The New Amplified Pilgrim's Progress,” by Jim Pappas. I have read neither but I did scan the first chapter of each. The modern English version reads very easily and I think I prefer this over the amplified version. However, the amplified version still retains some old English and has part of the original feel. I think I’ll check out the modern version first. Read the original too. It’s really great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home