Friday, August 13, 2004

Halo Tuesdays

  • Currently, Tuesday nights are consumed with generating bonds that only carnage can create. I'm talking about Halo Tuesdays. My wife and her friend go to Bible study while my friends Mitos, Saucy, RedDeath, Ghost, and Donut (myself) enjoy the lost art of pistol sniping. Halo Tuesday, however, may be a thing of the past. I was asked recently to join the ranks of the middle-school youth leaders at my church. I'm actually excited about working with youth again. I was the middle-school youth leader at my old church (with Kristin for a while) and I've had enough of a break. It sounds like good times. I'm hoping to have a positive Christian role model impact while at the same time helping to promote a Fear Factor meets American Gladiator type meets Willy Wonka feel. Working with middle-school is great and highly underrated. w00t!
  • I'm working on regex editor still. The parser is almost done. It currently parses a regular expression into an object model I created. I'm still working on the graphics paradigm. I actually had the idea of using DirectX today for the drawing engine but then I came back down to reality. One thing that's nice is I'm writing this whole thing with C# Express so maybe I will get something done by the end of the Channel 9 Summer Of Express Coding Contest (September 17, 2004).
  • Kristin starts school on Monday (she's a 3rd grade teacher). Go Gators! Good luck this year!
  • Every time I hit save, the blogging tool I'm using says, "Transmission Received." Freaky.
  • My 2nd semester of Grad. School starts next Thursday. And, I'm learning Greek and Lithuanian right now. What am I doing?

Well, I've got to leave. Kristin and I are going to the Muny tonight to see Guys and Dolls 42nd Street. I've heard it's good. I'll let you know. Until then...

Grace and peace to you,
John

Update - 42nd Street was very good. I'm not really into tap dancing but I typically enjoy musicals. Kristin and I saw Les Miserables at the Fox a few years ago and I loved it. It was one of the best productions I've ever seen. Anyway, the temperature ended up being about 55F and was a little chilly. This was delightful considering St. Louis weather in August (usually a sweltering 95F and 90% humidity). We couldn't have asked for a better evening. Pre-show dinner at P.F. Changs was delicious as well. Thanks for getting us the great seats, babe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home