Tuesday, June 22, 2004

DataTable Field Dump

Sometimes I just don't want to look up which fields are being returned to me in a DataTable, especially from a Stored Procedure. So I created this VS.Net macro to dump the field names for a DataTable or DataView. I also have a macro for dumping an entire DataTable or DataView but access to the runtime debugger values is too painfully slow for practical use (it's okay if the row count is < 20). If anyone has any ideas for speeding this up, please comment.

Enjoy!

Grace and Peace to you,
John

Usage: Use by selecting a DataTable or DataView during runtime and double-clicking DumpDataColumns in the Macro Explorer.

http://webpages.charter.net/superjodash/Data_Field_Dump.txt

Note: I included a link to the macro source code as I could not get the VB web formatting to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home